"WRK is easy to work with, knowledgeable, and they have the credentials. They listen, respond and..."» read more
Natural Hazard & Seismic Risk Assessment
You need to keep your mission-critical facilities to zero downtime. We can help.
WRK provides comprehensive Risk Reduction Program Management to protect your full inventory of physical assets and to prepare immediate backup and recovery plans. As Project Lead, WRK has led teams on a multitude of seismic strengthening- and earthquake engineering-related projects for public and private utility clients and multi-national corporations.
WRK is currently pioneering an all encompassing program of Hazard & Seismic Risk Assessment (HSRA) for two public power agencies.
An HRSA includes:
- Seismic evaluation of all existing facilities, substations, transformers and other equipment within the agency
- Strengthening of existing switch houses
- Seismic hardening (anchorage) of substation equipment
- Post-Earthquake Building Safety Evaluation training for substation personnel
- Development of a Building Seismic Inventory Databases within which to prioritize the timing of upgrades
- Authoring a Seismic Design Manual for all new and existing buildings and equipment
Examples from our portfolio include Bonneville Power Administration projects across multiple sites in Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Montana, and California.