"It is good to have a resource with experience to help establish a proper and accurate analysis of the equipment so as to limit cost by getting the design right the first time…"» read more
Seismic Standards Expertise
WRK’s engineers are leaders in structural and seismic design, bringing expertise to every project through active engagement with the industry organizations that are driving development of seismic standards. In addition, WRK provides expert consultations for agencies and private sector organizations.
- Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Brian Knight, Secretary – IEEE 693, Seismic Design of Substations
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- Brian Knight, Member – Technical Subcommittee 9, Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings, AISC 341
- The TC9 committee authors AISC 341, Specification for Structural Steel Buildings, which is adopted by the International Building Code (IBC) through ASCE 7. This document forms the basis for worldwide seismic design of most structural steel building and facilities.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Member – ACI 374, Performance Based Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Member – ACI 369, Seismic Repair and Rehabilitation